Monday 5 March 2012

Of Mary by Adrian Lester

The room was packed as I made my win in to the lecture theatre and struggled to find a seat. Whispers of "Adrian Lester!" and "that guy from Hustle/Case 39/As You Like it!". Of all the events I had been to this week, this one had the greatest anticipation.

 He finally entered the room, to meet a lot of gasps and giggles from the audience, and we all calmed ourselves to watch the short film. What we saw was far more clever and intricate than I had ever expected. In case you plan on watching the film (which is definitely recommended) I won't give it away.

 It basically focused around a family, a couple who seem to be separated, their son, and their relatives. Only at the end do we fully understand what's happening, although Lester provides us with clues throughout. What made this short film stand out is that in 20 minutes it managed to provide a full and moving story, compared to the short and snappy punch lines of many.

 Adrian Lester and Lesata Productions are planning on getting a feature film, and I think I'm not alone in saying I am eagerly anticipating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment